Avionics

Hi Folks,

I am an embedded software engineer. Strong interest to work in Avionics systems. If anybody have any idea about which companies work in Avionics system? Which groups discuss about specifies of embedded electronics systems used in aircrafts, commercial jet liners and fighter jets?

Any pointers? Any site etc. would be helpful.

Thnx n regards,

-Neo

Reply to
Neo

It would help to know in which country you are located. If you are USA east, then you could seek out companies like ARinc who I know are involved in this field. Don't know if they are hiring at present though. You could also check with Boeing. If you are in UK then British Aerospace, CCLRC Smith's Industries and GEC have some sections who are involved there. I expect that there are many others throughout Europe. I expect that Garmin and Eagle may have something to do with the GPS equipment involved.

The best newsgroup is probably this one. Others that may possibly be of interest are:-

rec.aviation.military gov.us.fed.doc.cbd.solicitations rec.aviation.ifr rec.aviation.misc

...but read them a bit before deciding how useful they are.

Paul E. Bennett ....................
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Paul E. Bennett

Thanks Paul. I am located in India. Are you working in avionics? Which processors/microcontrollers are widely used in avionics systems? As i guess PowerPC and ARM? What about DSPs?

-Neo

O'kay!

Reply to
Neo

Honeywell then.

--
Here, in a large house, formerly a house of state, lives Mr. Tulkinghorn. It
is let off in sets of chambers now, and in those shrunken fragments of its
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Lewin A.R.W. Edwards

LOL!

Reply to
Jim Stewart

I have seen others respond with suggested companies on this. As my knowledge of companies in India is rather scant I will refrain from adding further to that apart from mention of the Indian Space Agency (they are doing some satellite work IIRC).

I do not work in Avionics (I am mostly energy and land transportation with some forays into banking and medical). However, I know a few people who do work in the industry. They use a wide range of processors including CDP1802 and RTX2000. I expect that ARM and DSP's will be quite a bit in evidence these days.

Paul E. Bennett ....................
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Paul E. Bennett

Where's the joke? :/

Reply to
larwe

Depends a lot on which country you are in.

IAn

--
Ian Bell
Reply to

I thought they only made central heating controllers now.

Ian

--
Ian Bell
Reply to

Oh no, no, Honeywell is a lot more than warts on living room walls.

for example.

India is a good place to be right now if you can believe the various rumor sites.

--
Here, in a large house, formerly a house of state, lives Mr. Tulkinghorn. It
is let off in sets of chambers now, and in those shrunken fragments of its
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Lewin A.R.W. Edwards

I'm not going there.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

PowerPC is in used in many products. Atmel delivers special tested PowerPC parts The Leon processor was developed for the European Space Agency. This is an open source implementation of the Sun Sparc Architecture (Fabbed by Atmel :-) Not so sure if the ARM is actually used anywhere, have not seen it in projects visible to me.

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson   ulf@a-t-m-e-l.com
 Click to see the full signature