Atmel Mega128 Tools

Is the AVR Studio for the ATMEL Mega 128 Microcontroller a free tool Set. I am asking for the C development studio? Are they any retrictions?

Reply to
harshit

harshit

-- // richard

Richard F. Man

You can download an excellent lib at

docs/html/index.html Michael

--
Remove the sport from my address to obtain email
www.enertex.de - Innovative Systemlösungen der Energie- und Elektrotechnik

AVR Studio has only the assembler integrated. With AVRStudio 4.08 it is possible to debug C Code. You have to program in another environment, but the resulting object File can be download into AVR Studios Simulator. When using GCCs "extcoff" Format AVRStudio 4.08 is able to debug on the C-Leve, e.g. you step through C Functions not assembly. Beware: AVRStudio versions prior to 4.08 can not do this (They will only show you the assembler code your compiler generated).

This is the only "free" solution I'm aware off.

MfG

Sebastian

--
If you see light at the end of a wormhole it is most likely a photon
torpedo.

Hi harshit!

Good idea is build cross-compiler for AVR from gcc source, but on Cygwin enviroment (if You working on Windows) and editing avr-source in emacs editor. Advantages of using Cygwin? One enviroment - multiple target platforms (actually I have crosses for avr, h8s and SH).

--
Best Regards from Poland
Medenes

This is a lousy idea. ( must be a *nix guy that said that )

Just download from:

Install and just use it.

Reply to
hamilton

"your" compiler here must refer only to GCCAVR as AVR Studio can debug at C source level, at least with ICCAVR and IAR generated code at C source level since "forever."

-- // richard

Richard F. Man

I've been using gcc for an Hitachi processor. It works very well and is well supported by the community. Is the AVR port good and is it well supported?

Dan

Reply to
Dan

Suggest you check with people on

Their forums are pretty active, and one of them is devoted to the AVR port = of gcc.

--
Bill
Posted with XanaNews Version 1.16.1.4

Sorry, I didn't know that.

--
If you see light at the end of the wormhole it is most likely a photon
torpedo.

at

Reply to
harshit