ATI videocard does not get an IRQ

Hello

I own an ATI Radeon 7000 videocard (two monitor outputs, SVideo, 64Mb) and it hangs when using video acceleration for video playback. Displays the first frame of the video, and then just sits there, sound and player progress bar continue to run but video does not. The player (any player that uses overlays) hangs when shut down. Tried on another PC and another video card on this PC and this problem is definitely related to this video card. I noticed the card is not getting an IRQ in the BIOS post-screen on both computers I tried this card on. Another Radeon 7000 I've laying around gets an IRQ so it is definitely not a conflict nor a feature. I also identified the AGP interrupt A pin and it is connected to the chip.

I tried a PCI scanning program to read the PCI configuration space registers, offset 3Dh where the card informs the BIOS what interrupts lines it will use. It reads 00 for this card and 01 for other cards, so it looks like the card is reporting incorrectly its features. I wonder where is this value stored on the card and if it can be changed somehow. I guess its video BIOS was tampered somehow, maybe flashed for mac compatibility or flashed with the wrong BIOS. I tried to flash another BIOS from a similar card I found out there but the problem persists.

Could someone explain how is it usually done in these type of cards to set or store the PCI configuration space data?

Thank you!

Reply to
JERONI.PAUL

JERONI.PAUL

You're welcome

--
:wq
^X^Cy^K^X^C^C^C^C

Try comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video, your question might be slightly more on-topic there.

--
:wq
^X^Cy^K^X^C^C^C^C

Ico:

Thank you, tried there but got no reply either. In the meantime I managed to solve the problem. Tried various firmwares without success about the IRQ problem, so I belive that setting is stored somewhere else in the chip and that card is likely supposed to work that way. So started trying various Catalyst versions and found that up to 4.5 does not hang using acceleration, and it works great with this card (some older versions like 3.4 have some problem playing MPEG files).

Reply to
JERONI.PAUL