ARM7TDMI LPC210x GCC official site?

Hi all! I'd like to program the Philips LPC210x having the ARM7TDMI core in Assembler and C. Is there an official GCC site or other free C compiler on the Net? Googling is just overwhelming... Regards - Henry

Reply to
Henry

I must add that I'm running Win98SE and Cygnus won't run under Win2000?? What's possible?

- Henry

Henry schrieb in Nachricht ...

Reply to
Henry

on

  1. Cygwin does run under Windows 2000 if properly installed.

  1. Cygwin is also runnable under Windows 95.

AFAIK, the standard ARM version of GCC works for ARM7TDMI - I'm using it daily for AT91's.

Tauno Voipio tauno voipio @ iki fi

Reply to
Tauno Voipio

Hi Tauno! Sorry for my bad english. I wrote "under" but meant "below". So you're right! I downloaded the Keil environment for ARM LPC210x. It includes Cygwin. After installation the compiler starts but gets errors. In the information database of Keil I found a message stating Cygwin won't run on Win98. Maybe it run and the error is of other source??

Can you tell me what I must do to get a working software system here? BTW: I read on the Cygwin site it WILL run on Win98. Do I need a specific version? And where to download? Regards - Henry

Tauno Voipio schrieb in Nachricht ...

Reply to
Henry

Henry,

Please specify WHAT this error is, and what you were attempting to do at the time!

Re Cygwin: It is strongly not recommended to use the GCC/Cygwin combination on DOS-based Windows (95, 98 for sure, probably also Me). In particular, it is difficult to build the cross-compiler in this environment. Win 95/98/Me should be regarded as "works often, but not officially supported".

If you are having really intractable problems with the Keil binaries, try these:

Reply to
Lewin A.R.W. Edwards

Hi Lewin - what's the difference between Keil and your link?

- Henry

Lewin A.R.W. Edwards schrieb in Nachricht ...

After

Maybe

Reply to
Henry

I've tried the OCDemon binaries, and I haven't tried the Keil ones.

Reply to
Lewin A.R.W. Edwards

I work for Ashling Microsystems Ltd.

Check out Ashling's LPC2xxxx tools at:

You can buy the ASK-2100 kit for 250 $s which includes an LPC2100 evaluation board with on-board USB ICE. The kit includes a graphical IDE/Debugger and pre-built GNU ARM tools with Cygwin. The IDE/Debugger are time limited to 45-days, there are no contraints on the GNU tools. Also included are GNU example programs that run on the board.

Reply to
HG