Anyone recognise this hex format?

No, it cant be.

and run Outlook.

Becouse its Microsoft "embrance and extend" tactic.

btw :

what is that ? It certainly is NOT a signature, becouse it lacks proper delimeter.

Pozdrawiam.

--
RusH   //
 http://pulse.pdi.net/~rush/qv30/

Better now ?

--

42Bastian Do not email to snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com, it's a spam-only account :-) Use @epost.de instead !
Reply to

Oh, my bad English. I meant: If M$ wants bottom-posting, why they make top-posting default in Outlook ?

BTW: Netscape also has top-post _and_ HTML as defaults for new accounts.

--

42Bastian Do not email to snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com, it's a spam-only account :-) Use @epost.de instead !
Reply to
42Bastian Schick

Not quite right, but almost there. Should be "dash dash space"

/Henrik

Reply to
Henrik Johnsson

Ah, the space. Did not see it :-)

Thanks.

--
42Bastian
Do not email to bastian42@yahoo.com, it's a spam-only account :-)

Very apt response. One that would seem very applicable to those bigoted enough to believe that their preferred posting style is the only right one, without consideration for others. Personally I either inline post, because it clarifies the specific point you are responding to, or I top post, because physical disabilities make this faster and easier for me. But that wouldn't matter to the self appointed Ng police, afterall they seem to think that physical disability = Antosocial personality.

Al

Guy Mac> Peter Jakacki says...

--
Please remove capitalised letters to reply
My apologies for the inconvenience

Another good reason not to follow their lead. Sheep, too scared not to conform.

Al

Guy Mac> RusH says...

--
Please remove capitalised letters to reply
My apologies for the inconvenience
Blame it on the morons that spam the net
Reply to
onestone

I design systems for the handicapped. Even someone who uses a mouth stick or a breath controller can easily post inline.

Someone who top posts because of physical disability (if such a person exists - see above) can be identified by the fact that he acknowledges that he is making things harder on his reader and asks them to please excuse his inability to follow accepted standards. Someone who top posts because of antisocial personality can be identified by the fact that he puts his own convenience above the needs of those who read his posts. Your "faster and easier for me" comment identifies you.

Reply to
Guy Macon

It's been a while since I've taken riding lessons, but how else would you post?

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Please trim superfluous quoting from your posts.

Please don't top-post.

--
Al Balmer
Balmer Consulting

It took me a good 3 seconds to figure out what you were referring to. Damn, we're an eclectic bunch.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

"Meindert Sprang" wrote

Alternatively, Format->Plain Text, which also removes the irritating double-line spacing that HTML mode inserts when you press enter.

Peter.

Reply to
CodeSprite

(top posted reply)

Life is to short to read posts by those who refuse to follow the conventions that make posts more readable.

*plonk*

"When thou enter a city, abide by its customs." Bottom vs. top posting and quotation style on Usenet

Why bottom-posting is better than top-posting

+What do you mean "my reply is upside-down"?
The advantages of usenet's quoting conventions
Why should I place my response below the quoted text?
Quoting Style in Newsgroup Postings
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet?
Reply to
Guy Macon

A cursory examination of his headers reveals he is using Netscape. A simple one-time setting of preferences makes bottom posting automatic. So any pleading of added convenience is invalid. In fact, most handicapped whom I know staunchly object to special considerations wherever feasible.

     USE worldnet address!
Reply to
CBFalconer

Response to what? No context given. Oh, wait! I'm supposed to read below, paging back and forth to see what you are getting at.

And how apt that you put your reply instructions at the *bottom*, then apologize for having to remove capitalized letters, then say to blame it on the morons. What about the moron that made *me* (as in, your reader) have to flip about to even formulate a reply?

Since you, as a top-poster (or bi-poster), are trying to help folks not having to wade through the drivel of what you are replying to, stay true to your morals buck-O:

*** PUT YOUR SIG/REPLY INSTRUCTIONS AT THE TOP! ****

Your signature: Please remove capitalised letters to reply My apologies for the inconvenience Blame it on the morons that spam the net

I blame *your* moronic top-posting on *you*. Don't apologize, just stop mixing it up, bi-poster. Moron spammers and top/bi-posters will probably *never* get it.

=== BLAH BLAH snipped ===

-- Dan Henry

Reply to
Dan Henry

Inline to effectively tie response to query

And bottom on the odd occasion. ie in whatever style I believe to be the most informative for the response.

Al

Reply to
onestone

Did I say I was seeking special consideration? On the contrary I simply want the same consieration I extend to everyone else, I don't get upset at the way you post, and don't criticse your preferences, and I expect the same courtesy in return. So what If I use Netscape, I'd set the default to top whatever mailer I used. It makes it simpler to read through a lengthy post and intersperse comment at the point it references. middle posting MY preferred way, as it saves YOU the reader having to scroll up and down, reading through text looking for the original reference. perhaps that concept eludes some people.

Al

CBFalc> Guy Mac>

--
Please remove capitalised letters to reply
My apologies for the inconvenience
Blame it on the morons that spam the net
Reply to
onestone

(...Defense of top-posting snipped...)

*PLONK*

From microsoft:

"When including text from a previous message in the thread, trim it down to include only text pertinent to your response. Your response should appear below the quoted information." -

*PLONK*

I advise everyone to killfile this top-poster. He has nothing to contribute and refuses to follow conventions.

*PLONK*
Reply to
SpamCop

In Defence of Top-Posting:

Al

Reply to
Al Borowski

[snip 40+ lines of rubbish]

So what's your excuse for failing to delete the quoted posts appended to yours?

If they're not needed for context, why leave them there at all?

--
Burn the land and boil the sea,
 You can't take the sky from me.