any reference about redundant power circuit?

I have a new embedded device project which have to support redundant power, does anyone can give me some suggestions such as power chips, circuit?

Danny

--
Best Regard
Danny Lu

power,

Take two independent power supplies and wire the outputs in parallel. It is a good idea to use blocking diodes so that a fault in one output can't pull the other one down.

Peter

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
moocowmoo

This will cause problems if the supplies were not designed to operate with no load (as one supply most certainly will)

However, the original poster said this was for an embedded project, (I'm assuming lower power requirements??) so it might be worth designing something from scratch rather than "jim robinsoning" an existing pair.

Then you can have advantages such as hot-plug capability and load sharing.

--
Linux Registered User # 302622
Reply to

yes, The problem is that I have to design that on board, like some industrial devices which support redundant power suppliers.

Danny

"John Tserkezis" ¦b¶l¥ó news:41aee0c7$0$12876$ snipped-for-privacy@news.>

is

pull

with no

something

sharing.

Reply to
news

What are the power requirements?

--
Linux Registered User # 302622
Reply to
John Tserkezis

You might consider using one of those chips used by laptops so that you can have two in-feeds but one controlled output). For example, something like the MAX1774.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Jackson

the requirement is 12-36V DC

"John Tserkezis" ¦b¶l¥ó news:41aef818$0$12876$ snipped-for-privacy@news.>

Reply to
news

Well, that's easy: you take two separate power circuits, set the voltage

0,3V higher than needed and connect the outputs together with two shottky diodes.

If you cannot cope with the extra loss of the diodes, use MOSFETS instead.

Meindert

Reply to
Meindert Sprang

thanks! but any recommanded deisgn or chips?

Danny

"Meindert Sprang" ¦b¶l¥ó news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com ¤¤¼¶¼g...

Reply to
news

Eh, no. My advice was based on commen knowledge on electronics. I would have to look for datasheets too. So, have you googled for redundant power circuits yet?

Meindert

Reply to
Meindert Sprang

At what current? Are there any capacitive or inductive loads? What is the maximum ripple you can tolerate?

Reply to
dmm