Seeking Older Ampro Documentation/Info

Hiya folks, I was wondering if anyone could help me out here.

After learning about PC/104 architecture, I realized that this was something that I'd like to play around with. Unfortunately, the newest boards from most places are a pretty penny, and more than I'm willing to pay considering I'm just starting out with the stuff. Though I managed to find me an Ampro board on Ebay pretty cheap, but since it's discontinued, I'm having one heck of a time finding information on it.

From what I can figure, it's a CM/3SX2, or possibly 3SX2-01369 to be

exact, going by the sticker. Either way, it's one from the CoreModule line, because it's just a small square of a board, with a 386sx-25 processor.

It came by itself, so I didn't get the cables either, but I figure I can fashion those myself as long as I know the proper pinouts. Their other model boards seem to follow a similar pinout for each connection, so I'm fairly sure it's the same in this case. But since it has no floppy controller or video, I'm obviously a bit stuck as to how to get it to do anything without spending more money for add-ons (when I'm not even sure yet if this one works).

I've read that these boards have the ability to boot from the serial port or an eeprom/disk-on-chip, and that they're capable of displaying output via the serial port if you don't have a video adapter, but without any sort of documentation on how to get these things to work, I'm at a loss.

So if anyone knew of anywhere that might still have the PDF documentation (like they carry for all their current boards), or where I might could download the supplemental software as well, I'd be one happy camper. Heck, I'd even be more than eager just to hear more about the board if anyone has any experience with'em, since I can't find anything at all.

For example, I've also read that the PC/104 bus is identical to ISA, so does that mean I could buy one of them overpriced PC/104 -> ISA adapters and use an old VGA card and floppy controller and they'd work okay?

In any case, thanks in advance!

Reply to
FyberOptic