Although I unenable output, it still outputs 2.5 volt...

Hi, I am developing a data transmission circuit using the Cypress EZ-USB development kit. I have a question about setting register. When I unenable a certain pin, for example, CLKOUT pin, it have to be 0 Voltage, I think. But although the CLKOUT pin become to be float, it still outputs 2.5 Volt. Is it correct? Or, because of wrong firmware I made, it become to

2.5 Volt, not to 0 Volt? I am a beginner, so I have to study hard about USB. But if you help me, it is very helpful for me. Please teach me. Thank you for any help. Bye!!
Reply to
uzinei

An output that is disabled will float to the voltage present at whatever it is connected to.

Also, since ones and zeros in TTL are defined as being > 2.7V or < 0.7V, it is neither a one nor a zero. It is "floating."

Al

Reply to
Al

On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 12:54:43 GMT, Al wrote in comp.arch.embedded:

No, the logic levels in real TTL are = 2.0V for high.

--
Jack Klein
Home: http://JK-Technology.Com

No, check your data sheet. You're talking about "Recommended Operating Conditions." I'm talking about "DC Electrical Characteristics."

The actual levels depend upon your definition; is it Vih or Voh that you're talking about. He is asking about Voh and in the refernence, Voh is 2.4V .

The actual value depends upon the testing conditions. On the data sheet I'm looking at, Voh for a commercial product is 2.7V .

Al

Reply to
Al