USB input/output Interface

I would like to build a USB input/output interface for a project that I am working on. It needs the following inputs. I want to build about

10+ of these.

9 position selector switch - selects different operating modes

2 position selector switch 6 push buttons A scroll button (encoder) 4 LED outputs

I have a small amount of programming experience, but I have seen a few places warning that USB programming is not easy???

Alternatively, I could buy a something if it has the right fit. Cypress looks like they have something that would work, but I was not too sure how straight forward this would be.

Can someone point me in the right direction? I would really appreciate it?

Reply to
distracted

have a look at ftdi.com - they do a 245 device which is a usb/fifo thingie. I'm about to use one with a pic (just happens to be available and familiar) hth neil

Reply to
neil

Have a look at:

this has a large range of USB intefacing products. You might find something there that suits your needs.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page:               http://www.dontronics.com/e-mail.html

Micro,TTL,USB to 1.5" color LCD http://www.dontronics.com/micro-lcd.html
USB,RS232 or TTL to VGA Monitor http://www.dontronics.com/micro-vga.html
World\'s smallest USB 2 TTL Conv http://www.dontronics.com/micro-usb.html
Reply to
Don McKenzie

Don,

I am actually looking seriously at the USBmicro product. I have emailed Robert with some questions... I have an encoder which I am not quite sure how to interface to the U421.

Eric

Reply to
distracted

OK Eric,

we have a message board at:

for dontronics.com products, and Rob has a forum on this at:

you can always ask questions there, and it will be archived for the benefit of all users.

Don...