ADC in Atmega8

Hello, I am doing a project using ATmega8. For that we need an ADC of atleast

5Msps. We first thought of using the built in ADC but I want to know the maximum samples per second for the in built ADC? I guess it is around 150Ksps but I am not sure. Can I increase this sample rate by loading the prescalar value like one or 2? Could someone help. Thanks with regards
Reply to
Sam

No, it will not do anything like that speed. Even if it did, you would not be able to process the data fast enough to do anything with it...

--

John Devereux
Reply to

The data sheet, table 103, says that max clock speed for the ADC is 1 MHz, and a "normal" conversion takes 13 clock cycles. The "brag tape" at the beginning of the description of the ADC says "Up to 15 kSPS at maximum resolution"...

--
http://www.flexusergroup.com/
Reply to

You posted exactly the same question on 4 Mar 06 in alt.microcontrollers.8bit. The answers haven't changed.

--
Rich Webb   Norfolk, VA
Reply to