AT91SAM7S - ADC vs DMA?

I'm probably missing something very simple, but can someone elucidate to me how to use the PDC in the AT91SAM7S family to sample a block of data out of the ADC at a specific sample rate without processor intervention?

I want to acquire a small block (100 samples) of data at 8kHz and use the RXPTR/RXNPTR pair to double-buffer the incoming data stream; i.e. receive into one buffer while I process the other. So my samples should be 125us apart.

From reading the datasheet and looking at the AT91F_xxx inline macros provided by Atmel, I absolutely cannot work out what would set this sample rate. (Actually I find the whole device extremely difficult to understand, since using almost any peripheral requires cross- referencing half a dozen sections of the datasheet :().

Any clues?

Thanks.

Reply to
larwe

Looks to me like you have to dedicate one of the timers to establish your sample rate and use the TRIGSEL bits of the ADC_MR register to select which timer controls the sample process.

Eric

Reply to
emeb