AD: SV1000 Embedded Video Generator

Low Cost Single Chip Video Generator Produces monochrome NTSC or PAL/SECAM compatible video Works with Stamp, PIC, 8051, AVR, etc

64x100 Resolution Pixel graphics 3 Built in Fonts (8x8, 4x6, 3x5) 9600 N81 Serial Interface Line Draw Command

The SV1000 Embedded Video Generator is simple to use, low cost and low-power. Commands are sent to the SV1000 using a serial port (9600N81). The NTSC video output will drive a TV, VCR or any other composite display.

kenlem

Sounds like they are selling a programmed PIC chip on a board. I did a similar project a few years back.

Nowadays why would you want blocky graphics when you can use something like one of the Epson graphics engines to get a full TV resolution colour video?

Peter

Reply to
Peter

Hi Peter,

I haven't seen any use an Epson graphics engine for a small embedded project. Do you have any links?

Ken

kenlem

something like

video?

Unless you're talking about some part I've never seen, those Epson parts are difficult to program, require a LOT of interconnects, and come in surface-mount packages only.

I just wish this particular product had genlock capability. Overlay would be useful to me; just a video output isn't, very much.

Reply to
larwe

I'll have to look out the part number next week. I don't know much about the chip other than it contains all the ram and D/A it needs. It's obviously a lot more work interfacing it than just running a serial line. We have systems with over 20 Epson video graphics chips all locked together. They feed a bank of TVs so they have to lock otherwise the displays will beat due to magnetic field interference.

Peter

Reply to
Peter

It may be blocky but for simple embedded projects its just about right I did much the same thing using an acex FPGA just using the internal ram as a dual port video memory,people burble on about high resolution graphics but sometimes you just dont want the hassle.

Reply to
Jezwold

What is "it". What is "the same thing"? See my sig below for a cure for this.

CBFalconer

IT is the resolution of the vga video generator the post originaly pointed to :-)

Reply to
Jezwold

What post? You appear to not get it - you need to quote context from whatever you are replying to. Other posts are not necessarily available at the other end. The google interface is fouled. So use the technique below in my sig.

CBFalconer