8051 Compact Flash Interface

Hi,

I am trying to read/write data at any sector of CF with a 8051 in Language. I don't understand very well how CF works and i need to complete m project very quickly. I would like to know if there is anybody that could give some help ( code, for example) to communicate Compact Flash with 8051 at True ID Mode. Thank you very much for all attention and help

Best Regards,

Tiago Meireles

aspirina_69

Why True IDE Mode? You'd need 16-bit addressing interface... 8051 is

8-bit so memory mode would be a lot simpler.

Anyways, this application note could help you for the IDE Mode part:

- Jan

Reply to
Jan Wagner

(data interface)

- Jan

Reply to
Jan Wagner

There is a command that puts the card (sandisk anyway) in 8-bit mode, it is Feature register = 0x01 then Command Register = 0xEF.

Ross

Reply to
Ross Marchant

There's an Application full 80c51 asm example and circuit at

who make Flash memory.

They used to make compact flash also but sold the division off.

JG

Reply to
Joe G (Home)

who

I am sorry about my ignorance, but i can't find what you told me ... coul you give me the link to download that application?

By the way, True IDE Mode isn't the only one that support FAT Files, fo example? What are the main differences between I/O, Memmory and True ID Mode?

Thank you very much, once again

Tiago Meireles (Portugal)

aspirina_69

You can forget about the circuit in that app note. The parts are obsolete. We can find no datasheets on the parts and calls to the company/reps are met with 'we/they must not make that part anymore'.

On a different note, I've been looking for source code to implement FATxx on

805x with no luck. Seems like a lot of folks think there is nothing to it--- perhaps they are right because they've done it before. My experience though has not been so positive. The FAT libs provided by Xilinx had serious flaws (which I think are now resolved by the way), but I'm thinking to myself "if Xilinx SW engineers had trouble writing this code, I'm certainly not cocky enough to think I could do it easily or quickly"....

If anyone know where I can get either free or commercial FATxx coe for 805x, please post a link or code :)

Bo

Reply to
Bo