68HC11 Asm - Hand Assembly

Hi,

I am writing to ask if anyone knows how to hand assemble a simple

68HC11 program? My problem is getting the op code. I am using the standard instruction set. I know that you have to count the number of CPU cycles for each instruction.

Does anybody know of a good tutorial on this?

Thanks, Mickey

Reply to
Mickey

You need to know the number of bytes for each instruction, not the number of clock cycles, so that you can write down the address of each instruction. Why not use an assembler, it's much easier?

Leon

Reply to
Leon Heller

Read this:

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

I have always found the Leventhal books very good on such topics. However, if you already have the instruction set to hand (in the datasheets for the processor) you just need to take note of how many bytes each instruction occupies so that you can calculate the next instruction addresses. Be sure to count the negative direction properly too (when doing jumps back to the start of a loop).

Paul E. Bennett ....................
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Paul E. Bennett

Hi, try this for assembly and testing (free HC11 simulator):

Regards Peter

Reply to
peter