Building Hand Held Game Question

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but does anyone have any good links on how to build a hand held game? Like the small ones in Wal-Mart? I am a programmer and I believe I could program a microprocessor to carry out instructions, but just curious about the hardware part (I find the hardware part more interesting, actually.) Big project, I know, but thought I'd ask.

Thanks.

jm

Start here:

Then you'll need to use a graphic LCD as a screen Also look here:

Basically you will you a microcontroller (microprocessor with onboard memory and other stuff) Maybe a little extra ram so an external chip would be required. Graphic will be the most expensive and complicated piece of equipment used.

Also join the piclist (google for yahoo group called piclist) and check out avrfreaks (above)

It will take you a long time to finish it and you'll probably either code in Microchip assembler or C using AVRs. It will take you longer if you don't know C already

Nigel

good

out

hardware