Subject Author Posted Replies

JTAG muxed ADC channels on AVR?
I'm using ATmega169P in an application and just came across a need for an additional two ADC channels (0-3 are in use). Unfortunately on this part, ADC4-7 are muxed with JTAG pins. I've had no luck...
15
15

Jumping between Programs
Hi, i have two programs resident in FLASH. i am trying to call the second program using the following piece of code, but for some reason the jump fails to happen. Is there any reason why this may be...
5
5

Programming dsPIC33FJ32GP302
I am trying to program a dsPIC33F chip with a programmer from microchip (ICD3 debugger and programmer), and I am also using the explorer 16 development board also sold by microchip. So far, all I have...
12
12

Where to find embedded developers for start-up?
Hi I've been developing what I believe to be the greatest thing since sliced bread - of course:-) It now looks like it is going to become a real product. I've done both the hardware and software...
33
33

Atmega32u2 anywhere?
All main distributors are out of it. Digikey has a few hundreds last week, and out again this week. Just got a hundred and need a few hundred more. Does anyone have spare AU or MU? Any secondary...
2
2

Are you still pay a lot when using Microsoft Exchange Server?
As we know, Exchange is a very demanding solution, and in many if not all cases requires a dedicated engineer for maintenance. Everything is OK if you are working in a big company. However, to some...

Recommend an RS232 Monitor?
Hi all, I'm getting up to speed on the MSP430 with the ez340-Rf2500 dev kit, which connects to a pc via a USB-to-serial emulator. That is, the device is plugged into a USB port, but shows up as a COM...
12
12

Programming LPC with Console DOS Commands.
HI EmbeddedRelated members I have a subject about LPC2212 ARM7 micro-controller that i want that one could help me on it. I have a board containing an LPC2212+S29AL016D-M02 Spansion Flash. I'm...
1
1

Call for Research Papers
( WE APOLOGIZE IF YOU RECEIVE MULTIPLE COPIES OF THIS MESSAGE ) ========================================================= ARPN Journal of Systems and Software Call for Research Papers Dear Sir/ Madam,...

ICC12 IDE download problems
Hi, I'm running an approval (unregistered) copy of the ImageCraft ICC12 IDE, and finding that I can't download the S19 files that it generates. The HCS12 target rejects everything from the second line...
2
2

FPGA vs DSP
Hi, i have no experiece about dsp or fpga (instead i know microcontrollers), so i have some questions: 1. What are the differences about DSP and FPGA? When dsp is better than fpga? I heard that dsp is...
6
6

Pic C18 basic question - if statement
I'm slugging away learning C / C18 using pics and have a problem. I only want the code below to execute if (RCIF is set) AND (the value of gMode is 0x02). With RCIF set (ie =1) and gMode = 0x03 the...
5
5

Certifications for Embedded stuff?
Its me again. Does anyone know of some good certifications to get qualified (or re-qualified) for an Embedded job? I dont mean that the certs will do everything for me. I'm just thinking of something...
4
4

Looking for USB host chip with PCIe
Hi, I'm finding it hard to locate a suitable device for a new design of mine. The hypothetical part would be a PCI Express endpoint (x1, rev 1 or rev 2) to two host ports of UsB2. I've looked at: -...
2
2

ARM926 caching question
Greetings, this question is for ARM experts, in particular it's about ARM926 core (which is used in TI's DM6467 DaVinci processor). I want to use cache for speeding up processing on video buffer of...
37
37