Subject Author Posted Replies

Help with real time system performance estimate
Hi, I'm thinking about a new architecture for a system I'm working on. The transmitter end of the system needs to monitor a lot of digital inputs, detect changes, encode them and transmit them,...
11
11

Ethernet transformwer with 4kV isolation
is there such a beast? My ethernet circuit floats at ~ 240AC mains and I'd like to use the Ethernet transformer for Isolation. Most I have seen is 1kV Or should I look else where to put my Isolation...
16
16

How to line up source code with assembly code?
My target board is running Freesacle MPC5500 based Microcontroller. I have Trace32 debugger connected to the target board and my desktop computer. I built my application elf file and loaded in the...
5
5

MOC5007 Optocoupler drop-in replacement
Hi We're using the MOC5007 opto-coupler for isolation in an RS485 circuit. Does anyone know of a drop-in replacement for this with slightly better performance? The pinouts are shown halfway down this...
5
5

error detection rate with crc-16 CCITT
Hi We're using the 68302 micro with DDCMP serial protocol over two wire RS485. According to the user manual, this uses CRC16-CCITT - X**16 X**12 X**5 + 1. Does anyone have any idea what the chance of...
68
68

Of interest: "Automated to Death"
Older article from Dec 2009 but I just read it today Automated to Death:

8051 on-chip debugging
Folks, I would like to use the 8051 derivate MAXIM DS89C4xx in one of my experiments regaring motor controlling but I am worried about the on-chip debugging capabilites. I could not find any material...
109
109

Micro with USB ISP
I'm after a microcontroller with USB ISP right out of the box with support from the micro's regular tools. Important are a small footprint, though preferably not QFN or anything that can't be hand...
10
10

Throttling network traffic
Hi, I'm looking for ideas as to how I can selectively throttle a node's traffic on a connection-by-connection basis (and, by extension, on a client-by-client basis -- though this poses additional...
13
13

50MHz PWM I2C IC?
Hi folks I am generating a variable frequency square wave that varies from 100kHz to 50MHz and I need to be able to vary the duty cycle of it also I am using I2C comms so thought about using several...
3
3

Doubts on PCI
I was having a small problem interfacing a linux driver with a PCI card (FPGA with OC PCI bridge Core). I was having problems when sending data to addresses different from multiples of 4 (e.g 1, 2, 3,...
1
1

Generate errors on I2C link to test it
Hi, The I2C communication between my master and slave seems to work perfectly. I simulated a SDA line cut and put it back. The system recovered. Same thing for the SCL. Though, I have a special...
4
4

Cheap debugging tools, software UART
Watching all this discussion about debugging with an LED and such, I was wondering if anyone else writes software UARTS for debug info. I've written a 9600 baud tx-only UART for AVR's in 35 assembly...
11
11

Freescale's Idea of Open Source JTAG
I was recently at a seminar for ARM MCUs and Freescale was talking about their new Kinetis devices (now I can even spell Kinetis). They talked about their "tower" eval boards using a USB connector for...
36
36

Looking for an open-source LCD driver
I am using a QVGA size (320*240) LCD named T-55596-ABN from Optrex. I am looking for a open-source LCD driver for this LCD. Could anybody please provide me a link or info? Thank you in advance.
2
2