50MHz PWM I2C IC?

Hi folks

I am generating a variable frequency square wave that varies from 100kHz to

50MHz and I need to be able to vary the duty cycle of it also

I am using I2C comms so thought about using several PWM ICs to cover the range, each an I2C slave and using one or another based on which frequency Im at (I will prob do something very similar for actually generating this range of frequencies)

However, I am finding it difficult to find info on a PWM IC or circuit that may handle the higher frequencies...

Does anyone have any suggestions? thanks

wolf99

What kind of time resolution and true accuracy do you need?

Could be easily done by a motor control class DSP; especially the ones with the enhanced PWM resolution.

Vladimir Vassilevsky

50MHz PWM for motor control?

Reply to
DaveN

at

Unusual problem.

At that 50MHz, what is your desired PWM time granularity or step size, and what PWM range do you need ?

Not many chips will create PWM @ 50MHz - but you could build a 100KHz

- 50MHz triangle wave oscillator, and use a fast comparator to change the duty cycle.

-jg

Reply to
Jim Granville