Minifon P55 wire recorder of the mid 1950s

I came across a 1955 advert for one. I cannot find technical details , only museum exhibits on the web for this early German "Walkman" Size 1 9/16 x 3 15/16 x 6 11/16 inches , 2 lbs An amazing 5 hour record time possible with it. Can anyone direct me to technical details ? I would have thought the LT and HT batteries and motor of the time would have filled the available space, and how did the wrist watch microphone work ?

Reply to
N_Cook

Scanned in image from the 1956 version of the book in the heading, with preceeding lines inserted over the top, correction 3 batteries

N_Cook

I remember on this company in my Youthtime, because it was in my Homecity Hannover. May be, you found something, wenn you call some museums in Hannover. You will found the adresses in the internet. Greatings Harald PS: Please excuse my bad English. I have not enough expierence.

Reply to
Harald Wilhelms

only

and

space,

Managed to fit 2x DF67 and a DL67 inside, according to

the only technical info I've found on it

N_Cook

,

LT

Yes, I remember that I saw a similar Unit in a special "Minifon"- Shop in Hannover more than 40 Years ago. Also the special watch microphon. I think, you shall try a phonecall to the "Heimatmuseum" in Hannover. (But I=B4m not shure, that the speak english.) Very often there are special "nostalgic" groups from old companys in their hometowns and it my be, that they know something about such groups in the "Heimatmuseum". Greatings from Brunswiek Harald

Reply to
Harald Wilhelms

s ,

e LT

Another Link in German:

Greatings from Brunswiek Harald

Reply to
Harald Wilhelms

They do have the schematic diagram, but only for members.

--
http://www.heimers.ch/
Reply to

Hello,

maybe people at tape recorder forums know more about it. E.g., try these:

Greetings and good luck,

Wolf

Reply to
Wolf Drechsel