eprom W27F512

Guten Tag! Anybody would have information about these chip W27F512 from Winbond. could you give me more explanation about what is written on this advert :

I wonder if the W27F512 is really erasable as it is written Personnally I think it is not erasable chip. Gruss Matthieu

Reply to
Matthieu Benoit

hi,

it really is erasable (as long as it's ok, of course). "F" means "flash", which in turn means that you may erase it _electrically_, not by using an eprom-eraser (don't mix it up with so called OTPs ("One Time Programmable" ROMs, which really are EPROMS without a glass window and thus can be erased no more)). that guy offering the devices ought to have called W27F512 an EEPROM.

please see

(the device list, which explicitely mentions W27F512).

\yours siggi

--
siegfried eckloff
Reply to