Fuse bits - Atmel AVR

Hi, I have LPT (ISP AVR) programmer, (

) what happens when the programmer disconnect from PCB (with ATmega8) during programming time. (programming with fuse bits) ? Can I destroy my Atmega ?

Reply to
Robert

I have had a case where the SPIEN fuse got set somehow by disconnecting during programming. This means that the ATmega8 can only be (re)programmed in Parallel (High Voltage) mode. If you don't have such a programmer to hand, it is probably simpler and cheaper to throw the chip away ...

Dave

Posted Via Nuthinbutnews.Com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services

Dave Garnett