Phoneline to Soundcard - Need help

Anyone know how-to make a cable that would plug into my telephone jack and then into my computer soundcard?

I bought one from EBay and when I plug the cable into my phone line and then into the soundcard my line goes dead.

One guy mentioned he uses an isolator circuit of some sort to not short out the line in his device.

This is the one I bought below that doesn't work.

**********

This one below supposedly works with a soundcard and phoneline.

If you can help send an email to snipped-for-privacy@Lycos.c o m

Reply to
alexwright321

Radioshack sells something for this. It's made to hookup to a tape recorder so it should work for a computer as well.

Geodanah

Think about your poor sound card when the phone rings!!! The ring signal is typically about 90 volts at 20 Hz. Since you sound card is AC coupled, the typical 48 volts DC did not get into your computer.

Research an audio patch or a hybrid or a DAA but don't plug your phone line into the audio port directly!

Reply to
Lord Garth