can XP run from a usb external IDE?

Ich kan auch Deutch lesen.

I don't use Micro$loth win, but when I last bought a

80 GB IDE, I asked the vendor to put W98 on the first 1 GB partition. And later I was able use it to connect via my friends Fixed-Wireless-Terminal. But when I bought my own FWT, it had the new usb "Zero-CD" system, which needs XP or later.

I refuse to pay for Micro$loth crap !!

Now a "Seagate 3.5" 1TB expansion hard drive .. plug-n-play...USB 2.0..." could be usefull, provided it's not just a flash-mem and it can be asscessed by standard USB, for linux too.

So, even if it's slow, if I asked the vendor to install XP on the first 4GB, could I access the FWT via XP using my non-M$-PCs?

I.e. can XP be moved between PCs via a usb-IDE?

== TIA.

Reply to
no.top.post