Re: USB charger from car battery inside house when power goes out

> >> Also, I forgot to mumble that I have several large "USB power bank" >> devices made to power smartphones. Something like these: >> >> >> I bought most of mine at a garage sale, where the former owner somehow >> killed most of the 18650 LiIon cells. They were moderately easy to >> replace with a (borrowed) spot welder and some nickel flat wire. >Why would anyone propose any other solution when that ebay url points >you straight to a 2000 amp hour solar usb charger for $17. > >
(Tracking junk removed from URL)
2,000,000 milli-amp-hr solar charger? It might work if it were a 2,000,000 micro-amp-hour charger (same as a 2 Amp-hr charger). What's a few decimal points anyway? Inflation must really be getting out of control. The eBay page says that 6,165 customers bought one. Looks like it's already obsolete. Here is the 30,000,000 ma-hr version: More zeros are better for sales. 10,282 sold.

Incidentally, the 12V to 5V(USB) adapter gizmos arrived and were immediately put into service when the local power died for about 4 hrs. It doesn't work any better than my tangle of gel cell battery, cigarette igniter to USB adapter, hose clamp, and clip lead kludge, but is much neater and less prone to falling apart. The phone display says "charging rapidly" which is what I would expect from a 10 watt charger. This might be a problem if I wanted a Quick Charge or Power Deliver fast charge that I was getting from my cigarette lighter to USB adapter.

--
Jeff Liebermann                 jeffl@cruzio.com
PO Box 272      http://www.LearnByDestroying.com