Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Battery backup
Hi All I have a setup with 8051 micro controller and I want to provide a battery backup so that when power fails the micro continues to work. Only the micro needs to work and other peripherals need...
10
10

Maximum load current for 74HC device?
How much total current can be drawn from a typical 74HC device? I see specs that state the ground current cannot exceed 50mA and other specs that say the device dissipation is limited to 750mW. Most...
5
5

volume control for clock
Hello, I have an electronic quartz clock with chimes that needs a volume control. It has a 2 1/4 speaker and is way too loud for the room it is in. Is there any place that makes a inline volume...
6
6

CFL interfering with TV remote?!
Will a CFL interfere with a TV remote (I guess I mean "normally")? The new flat screen I purchased for my bedroom seems to either stop working or will marginally work till I turn off the overhead...
5
5

D82C55AC-2
I've bought 10 pcs of "82C55" through mail, and received D82C55AC-2. The problem is that the output high voltage of any pin is not 5V, but 3.8V. Nothing is connected to the port pins, VCC is 4.85V. Am...
2
2

Messages Deleted on Answering Machine
My housekeeper accidentally deleted all the messages (including my 2 year old daughter's) from my Uniden 900 MHz 378 series telephone answering machine. Any possibible way of getting those messages...
1
1

How many volts are generated by the difference of 1 electron?
Hi: How many volts are generated by the difference of 1 electron? I would imagine this value to be astronomically small. Thanks, Radium
21
21

Is a parallel amp the same as a balanced amp?
Hello all, The differences between a parallel amplifier and a balanced amplifier is rather confusing. Are they the same, or are they different? Both these circuits, and their advantages, appear to be...
14
14

Question about equivalent model
I have some doubts about equivalent model for pn junction...if i consider a pn junction, the large signal equivalent model is composed by a dc voltage (representing the cut-in voltage) and a resistor....
2
2

Low pass filter hookup
Hello, I created a low pass filter in orcad and trying to put theory into pratical. The circuit output is always showing the input at about one third the pk-pk voltage even at 30kHz and more, this is...
4
4

What is the benefit with comparators that have a Hysteresis pin?
What is the benefit with comparators that have a Hysteresis pin? I'm using one the LTC1440 and I don't see any benefit you still require two resistors for Hysteresis. Is the Hysteresis pin tied...
3
3

Please help!!
Could someone please help me. I need Hayt: Engineering electromagnetics, 1981. 4th edition solution manual. It will help me a lot if someone of you good people send it to me on my mail or post a...
4
4

details about emitter follower voltmeter
i have a presentation on emitter follower voltmeter and i dont know nothing abut it.if anyone give me details on emiter follower voltmeter mail me on
4
4

How to use variable power supply for charging
Hi, I'm reposting this here, my previous attempt was probably in an inappropriate place. I bought a variable voltage variable amp power supply to use charging my RC batteries: I don't really...
5
5

3 in 1 toggle switch?
Looking to do the following: I have a SATA drive I want to be able to disable the power to on occasion. Long and short, 3 wires and 3 voltages that I want to be able to cut off via a switch (don't...
13
13