Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Using the THS4281 for high side current sensing
I'm using a THS4281 to make a general purpose High-Side current sensor. I'm just building this on a small PCB so I can use it for measurements. I've already successfully tested this circuit (see link...

Class AB buffer stage
I've found a textbook that uses an AB buffer stage mosfet, but in an excercise a current in output transistor is always present for all output current range to avoid distortion. I have a question: if...
2
2

Load seen by opamp
Hi, 1)If i use an opamp with resistor feedback (for example in inverting configuration with gain -R2/R1), the output resistence seen by opamp is one resistor of R2 value? 2)for an opamp used in...
3
3

mosfet gate threshold voltage
4.5 Gate Threshold Voltage, VT , {VTH , VGS(th) } VT is the minimum gate voltage at which the transistor will turn ON. Does this mean, 100% full ON? Or that the gate is Starting to turn On (1% ON, for...
5
5

Source for cheap buzzers for electronic circuit lesson at school?
I am looking for about 10-15 buzzers for an electronic logic board lesson for my grade 9 kids. Does anyone know of an inexpensive source for these? Thanks
4
4

Question about transistor breakdown voltage
I see in the specification sheet for a darlington transistor that its collector to emitter breakdown voltage is 100V. What is its emitter to collector breakdown voltage? The same? Thank you in...
18
18

Max ratings of electret mic
Can anyone please give me an idea of the maximum safe P.S. voltage of the ubiquitous cheap electret microphone used in portable recorders, cheap headphones-mic combos, lapel mikes, etc.? I mean those...
5
5

New research field promises radical advances in optical technologies
New research field promises radical advances in optical technologies WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. - A new research field called transformation optics may usher in a host of radical advances including a cloak...

About Radio Waves
How can we make a Radio transmitter and receiver. Pl. give me some easiest possible ways to do so.
3
3

Vintage opamp
Hello I have 5 pcs used Philbrick/Nexus SL-26. I want to test the opamps but I need a datasheet. Can somebody help me?? Regards Benny Denmark
1
1

Audio amplifier (part 2)
Hello, it is me again ... After "jouling" some transistors, I decide to move to LTSpice. Which is funny as I am doing electronics as hobby to change from being in front of computers all day long ! I...
27
27

CRT image trouble
Hello all, years ago I installed a new Happ 13" CRT in a video game I own. The game probably has about 20 hours on it since I changed the tube; my children don't play it anymore... Anyway, the image...
6
6

questions on Class B audio amplifier
I took a look at this: It appears that this unit's max continuous power output on +/-12VDC at 4 ohms is 18W, if I calculated that right... I wanted to build it, but I realized that increasing the...
31
31

high current charge pump
Typical pump drivers seem limited to a few dozen mA. Do any charge pump drivers exist which can convert 12VDC to +/- 24VDC at ~ 2A? Thanks, Michael Analog Devices is a global leader in the design and...
2
2

Can current flow in both directions through a JFET channel?
I am beginning to study JFETs . I want to limit this discussion to N channel JFETs and when I talk about current flow I mean conventional current flow. Most of the sources that I have been studying...
5
5