designing a radio amplifier

Hi guys. have recently graduated with mechanicanical engineering. Here i'm faced with challenge of coming up with amplifier. specs:input 12v, I

Reply to
atheist

All you've done is describe how much (or in this case how little) power the unit can draw, under 24watts, which given inefficiency will result in less than 24watts output power.

You've said nothing about what will drive this amplifier, so one can't figure out how much gain it needs to provide.

You've said nothing about the frequency range, which becomes a factor in choosing a device or devices to do the actual amplification, and of course the application will define the design, since a broadband amplfier is different from a narrow band one.

These things are far more important than what you've offered up.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

I guess English is not a requirement for mechanicanical engineering?

-Bill

Reply to
Bill Bowden

The original message appears to have been posted from Kenya, his first language may be Swahili.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

My mistake. The poster did well considering language differences.

-Bill

Reply to
Bill Bowden