Why are engineering sample CPUs illegal to sell? - Page 2

Re: Why are engineering sample CPUs illegal to sell?
The ZX Spectrum had faulty RAM chips, Sinclair bought dodgy ones of twice the size they needed, tested where the fault was, and only use the good half.  It saved a lot on the price.

Re: Why are engineering sample CPUs illegal to sell?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com says...

Sounds like many of the components comming out of China on ebay. Others
they must relable junk parts to company logos.

Re: Why are engineering sample CPUs illegal to sell?

Some is good, some is shit, but you can get money back for the shit.

I bought some Li Ion batteries claiming 2.5 times more capacity than the best Panasonic ones.  They actually had a third of the Panasonic's capacity when I tested them.  As soon as I suggested they weren't up to spec, I got a 100% refund and could keep them.  They know they're fiddling.

But I bought a battery charger for 99p including postage from China, and it works perfectly.

Re: Why are engineering sample CPUs illegal to sell?

Readded, why is this not to do with legalities?

A CPU is electronic you utter nitwit.

They should have thought of that when they sold absolute shite.  I'll put whatever I want in there.  If anyone chooses to email it, they're the ones breaking the law.

Intel don't ask for it back like the car rental place does.  It's given not loaned.

Why would I grass off someone who supplied me with a nice cheap CPU?

Re: Why are engineering sample CPUs illegal to sell?

The only nitwit here is one who thinks that no one who posts in the
suggested group has a grasp of the legal aspects of samples.

Re: Why are engineering sample CPUs illegal to sell?

You've got your negatives mixed up there.  I think that some of them do, which is why I posted to that group.

Re: Why are engineering sample CPUs illegal to sell?

If it shouldn't be done, it's odd how every newsreader allows it.

I post to groups where I think people will give an answer or be interested.

Using the word netizen indicates you're a freak.

I thought you were talking about spam.com, Hormel Food Corporation, that sells that disgusting waste product as food.  I didn't realise you'd be stupid enough to think nospam.com was a company.

I'm not going to put my own address in there and receive spam am I?

Spam is illegal is it not?  If not why not?

I do, but see no point in using it.

It isn't anyone's, and I'm not the one sending the spam.

That's not a loan if it doesn't have to be paid back, that was a gift.

Doesn't matter to me.  I've paid the money and I have the product, any theft that took place previously is not of my concern.

People do not loan sticks of gum.  They give them.

I'm not, I'm whining about it being difficult for sellers to advertise them.

They stole it, not me.

Of course it isn't.  When I break the speed limit and don't get caught, I receive no fine, so the law has had no effect on me.

Re: Why are engineering sample CPUs illegal to sell?

Try reading the text above more slowly this time. It is explicitly loaned.

Your poor knowledge of basic UK law is concerning.
https://www.sentencingcouncil.org.uk/offences/magistrates-court/item/handling-stolen-goods-2/

Knowingly handling stolen goods is illegal.

Not knowing they're stolen doesn't mean you get to keep them. They will
rightfully be confiscated from you.

Re: Why are engineering sample CPUs illegal to sell?

If they never take them back, it's not a loan.  Can you loan me your mower forever?  No, that's called a gift.

It's not rightfull.  The person who stole them should be made to reimburse me.

Re: Why are engineering sample CPUs illegal to sell?

Incorrect.

Lol. You can always try to sue them. Good luck with that...

Re: Why are engineering sample CPUs illegal to sell?

Do you not understand what loan means?  It means you temporarily are allowed possession of my thing.

You can actually.  If you tell the police to ask the judge/magistrate, they can award money to those who lost out, taking it from the thief.

Re: Why are engineering sample CPUs illegal to sell?

A loan term can be indefinite.

Only the original victim of the theft. Not subsequent buyers of the stolen
goods.

Re: Why are engineering sample CPUs illegal to sell?

Bullshit.  A loan is a gift with a return date.

I am a victim of him selling stolen goods.

Re: Why are engineering sample CPUs illegal to sell?
Total  FUCKWIT Commander Kinsey wrote:
=================================

**  By law they must be  -  so rightful.

 > The person who stole them should be made to reimburse me.

** LOL  -  more narcissistic  CRAP from a total fuckhead.

  Responsibility works it's way up the tree.
  Each party owes the one they supplied, unless the *purchaser* was knowing OR reckless at to legal ownership.
  Then they are liable for handling stolen property.

 FYI:

In my  business ( electronics repairs) I sometimes get offered stolen items to fix.
The giveaway is the "owner" has no clue about the fault or how the thing is even operated.
Refusing to say how or where he got it is a cincher as are missing serial numbers.

If I know or reasonably suspect an item in my workshop was stolen,  I cannot legally give it back.
Funny how the culprits do not see it that way....

.....  Phil

Re: Why are engineering sample CPUs illegal to sell?

Actually it isn't.  Were you thinking of spam.com?  Please pay attention at the back.

Re: Why are engineering sample CPUs illegal to sell?

The only idiot here is the one who thinks that nospam.com isn't
registered. It is and you don't own the domain.

Do you know how to check?

Re: Why are engineering sample CPUs illegal to sell?

Try going to it.  It's for sale, just like iurvesiugbstgb.com.  You can buy either if you want.

And I'm not "using" the domain by stating it here.  Anyone who spams it however, is.

Let me make this simple for your simple mind:
I spot a car that's left unlocked.  I point it out to you.  You steal the car.  Who's the theif?

Re: Why are engineering sample CPUs illegal to sell?

You are complicit where you are aiding and abetting the theft through
Joint Enterprise.

Re: Why are engineering sample CPUs illegal to sell?

Stop being such a pedantic fuckwit.  There is no judge on this earth who would do me for saying to you, "hey that car's not locked".

Re: Why are engineering sample CPUs illegal to sell?

They absolutely would if, based on the knowledge you gave, Fred stole it
and you did nothing to stop him.
https://www.cps.gov.uk/legal-guidance/inchoate-offences

In fact, for serious crimes you could be prosecuted for simply suggesting a
criminal act even if that act never occurred.

Given your other post the police would laugh at how crap a criminal you
are. "Nah, mate you can't arrest me. See this gold bar? Bob stole it and
gave it to me. I also told bob the security van door was unlocked.  So it's
mine and you can't do anything about it." "You're nicked, sunshine!" :D

Site Timeline