who manufactures these flash memories?

Who manufactures SD, miniSD, and microSD memory? These memories are sold under many names, yet I am trying to find a manufacturer, or a wholesaler. Thank you.

Reply to
Talal Itani

Lot of ppl no doubt.

I always associate Atmel most with flash memory myself.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Yes.

No, not for *SD.

Try Sandisk, Toshiba, Samsung, Micron, etc.

Reply to
linnix

I "believe" Sandisk has the Intellectual Property and they license it out. Are you looking for memory detail, or pricing info? (I recently researched pricing for CompactFLASH, and can give you a headstart...)

-mpm

Reply to
mpm

wholesaler.

It's not a coincident that SanDisk named it SD card. Sandisk gets 6% license fee for each card.

Reply to
linnix

I am looking for wholesale pricing information. Please give me that headstart. Thanks.

Reply to
Talal Itani

I found resellers in China, that resell Chinese made flash cards. But I do not know how to judge the quality.

Reply to
Talal Itani

The only way you could do that is to test them.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Inspect the factory and evaluate their quality control practices. Most anybody can turn out a few samples that are okay, but they may not be indicative of the quality of production units.

Small quantity and on the cheap? Better buy from a respected source.. then at least someone is doing that job. Beware of counterfeits if you go outside of normal supply channels and through traders.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

If the memory IC is tested, and it work, would that mean that it will remain good and reliable through time?

Reply to
Talal Itani

Thanks. I had assumed that all manufacturers of semiconductor devices supply good products. I thought, that it takes a large firm, with advanced technologies, to produce high density memory chips. Maybe I am wrong. Please tell me more.

Reply to
Talal Itani