Any Software that can Write-protect microSD ?

Hello,

Inside the microSD flash memory, and SD flash memory, there is a bit, that once programmed, the data inside the chip becomes write-protected, and permanent. I searched for a tool that can program this bit, but I did not find any. Do you know of such a tool? Or driver? Or Software? Any thought on this will help me. Thank you very much.

Best Regards, T.I.

Reply to
Talal Itani

You might want to post that question over in the comp.arch.embedded group -- that bunch there is always playing with stuff like that at the bit level. Another group to try is the sci.electronics.design group. Or, you could just put tape over the pins .... oh, you wanted to still be able to read from it :-)

mikey

Reply to
Mike Fields

'sdlock' for Linux.

Reply to
ray

Thank you for the suggestion. I searched the web for sdlock, and found only an application for an embedded board. Is this the sdlock you are referring to?

Reply to
Talal Itani

Jimmy