Where can I buy data books on the net?

Thanks in advance.

I'm looking for places on the net that sell data books about electronic parts. Also, is there any recommended data book for electronic newbie?

Reply to
nabi

Save the trees, use Google. It's a paperless electronic world. Not many manufacturers print data books any more, it's just not economical. An old TTL data book doesn't go astray, nor does say a transistor substituion guide if you need that sort of thing. You should still be able to buy the odd data book at your local electronics store. Old printed app notes can be worth having as well.

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

Hard-copy data books are getting to be very rare. Most electronics manufacturers have all their data sheets, selection guides, etc. available on-line. Often they will also have catalogs in .pdf format.

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI  Vancouver BC, Canada
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca

I often see old databooks on the shelf at used bookstores.

Reply to
Matt J. McCullar

Numerous manufacturers web pages

recommended data book for electronic newbie - EE Data Book by Mike Tooley

Regards, S.Ramamurthy

Reply to
S.Ramamurthy

And they're often out of date by the time they're printed now !

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Thanks for the advices.

I must have a computer with Internet connection at home. :)

Reply to
nabi

Reply to
S.Ramamurthy