What type of choke/resonant frequency?

Hi,

I'm trying to use a Toslink optical audio receiver module (TORX176) in a circuit. The datasheet says it needs a 47uH choke between one of the pins and the 5V supply line.

There are no details in the datasheet about what types of choke would be suitable, so can I use any 47uH choke? E.g. this one in a 1210 package?

What resonant frequency do I need/need to avoid? (the choke above is 15MHz)

Many thanks, Steve

Reply to
Steve

That is a non-critical part application and any 47uH inductor will do fine. That Farnell choke looks good.

Don

Reply to
Dbowey

15MHz)