Rgds, Sachin

Reply to
sg

connect a 2A load on the 5v leads

Reply to
ryan wiehle

Reply to
Andy P

Hello, I'm wanting to use a computer PSU as a PSU. The one I've just bought doesn't work. I'm assuming that's because it needs a computer. So.... what does the motherboard do, maybe connects the grey to the green, or the purple to ground, or...does anyone know please??

Simon

Reply to
simon lloyd

bought

purple

Easy, jumper the green wire to ground to start the SMPS. Since you have no power good signal coming back, the jumper will have to stay as long as you need the supply on. You also must pull some minimum current from the supply for it to achieve regulation. 2 amps should do nicely

Reply to
Lord Garth

Thanks very much. Power supply working fine.

Simon

bought

purple

Reply to
simon lloyd

I sincerly hope you're not a bomb technician (just joking ~:-).

Dwayne

Reply to
Dwayne