Tips on where to look for manual scans HP1710a

I took a chance on ebay and bought a HP 1710a scope. Powers up, has a beam I can see if I hit beam finder button but no horizontal sweep.

So, now I need to find a manual with schematics for it so I can try to fix it. Any ideas on where to go? I'm hoping there are sites on web that archive this stuff instead of the guys selling manuals.

Thanks,

Wes

Reply to
Wes

can see if I

Any ideas

instead of the

I'm assuming you are aware that the Test & Instrument divisions of HP were among the divisions that were spun off to form Agilent Technologies, and that you've checked the Agilent website. (No offense intended, just covering all the bases.)

Some websites and other places where I've had success in finding old HP manuals are:

ftp://ftp.agilent.com/pub/manuals/ HP and Agilent manuals which have not yet been posted to the Agilent website

A site for collectors of HP and Agilent test gear.

A Yahoo! group for "the maintenance, repair, usage and correct usage of HP/Agilent test equipment." While you have join the group (it's easy) to post a question, anybody can read the group.

Focuses on ham radio gear, including some HP products, such as oscilloscopes, signal generators and spectrum analyzers, that are relevant to ham radio. Has stuff for many other companies besides HP.

Basically a used equipment vendor, but also a source of lots of useful info on test gear from HP and other companies.

Note: Some of these links may be dead, as I haven't visited them in a while.

Good luck, and HTH!

Bob Pownall

Reply to
Bob Pownall

can see if I

Any ideas

instead of the

That one looks a bit hard to get from the usual archives. If you get desperate, $60:

and $35 (partial?):

Good luck.

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

Well I did snatch a manual for a HP 1707B that might help me figure if I'm just being bone headed and missing some thing SIMPLE.

Nice set of links. I didn't run into most of them doing the google thing earlier.

Thanks,

Wes

Reply to
Wes

can see if I

it. Any ideas

instead of the

Well, I found one in the US and it is on the way. Having had to pony up the bucks to get this manual, I being a nice guy, will eventually scan it for others.

Thanks,

Wes

Reply to
Wes