where to buy reliable carbon 1 watt R's ?

As the header states.

I need a source for good 5% carbon 1 watt to correct a problem with an older IRF 1500 service monitor..

I prefer to use the original type parts in hopes that I don't need to calibrate the deflection/sweep board.

For some reason, I only have detailed alignment and block schematics in the service manual. I've missed placed the actual board component ID pages and schematics them self's.

I have found bad R's in the B+ voltage related to the source that operates the sweep which is causing me an insufficient width on the scope/sweep at the moment.

I'm hoping to simply replace the R's with the exact values and get it working with in reasonable shape.

THe current R's that need replacing are 1.6+.16 M in series which have faded to 2.0+1.9 M.

Also near by, 680K R's which have increased up to 750k.

Now, these R's have no abuse or over heating that I can see of, they simply have gained some R with no apparent reason and that is why, I would like to replace them with something that isn't going to fade off in the sun set like these did.

I suppose I could use carbon film also but That may cause a physical size/mechanical placement problem.

These R's are near the HV coil xformers, And I really don't need any parasitic noise getting in there.

"

Reply to
Jamie

SNIP

Probably your testmeter is out, or you're measuring them in circuit. U sure u know what u are doing? Old carbon resistors ? +/- 10% ? What is 680 + 10% ?

Reply to
TTman

"TTman" Maynard A. Philbrook = Radio ham

** Get real - s*****ad.

** Sure make the resistance go UP doing that !!

Fuckwit

** U sure are a A hole and a C head.

** Not too many new ones about - f****it.

** Mostly 5% types were made.

** Out of tolerance, even for a 10% type.

Fuckwit.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Would you like to rephrase that last question please? It's my belief that those launching that type of question "U sure u know what u are doing?" may want to question their own tactics at hand.

Yes, I measured them in circuit, and if that was an issue? I guess they could be worse if I had removed them for test. So either way you look at it, they have issues. So, putting your original comment in prospective along with data I supplied, it's obvious you wasn't paying much attention, unless you can show me a DMM that displays higher R values in circuit than those out of circuit? In which case, I guess the equipment shouldn't be any where near the bench.

These are 5%, and I need to correct them. If you really must know, I used my tool box meter, a fluke 289. I didn't feel the need to drag that unit closer to the bench where the 8845 is..

"

Reply to
Jamie