Switch 3A with a small reed switch

Hi there, I'm wanting to switch around 3A using a reed switch (eg

with the aim of driving a SSC P7 LED. Source voltage will be be around 3.7v (Li-ion) and the max current through the LED will be 2.8A.

Could I use this MOSFET (BUZ-71 Sipmos Power FET) to achieve this? My understanding of electronics is basic, so if you could provide a circuit/guidance it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Reply to
jmunrohill