Smoothing Capacitor Values

You may find the following interesting reading.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

"Eeysore Criminal Fuckwit"

** Explain YOUR damn remark - CUNTHEAD !!

Instead of snipping it out of site.

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

YAWN, what a boring asshole your are. You want me dead, beacuse I refused your gay advances.

Go ahead and pull the trigger. No one will miss you, Phyllis. Not even your "Johns"

Its obvious why you molest toasters, while real EEs design for automotive electrical systems.

I keep telling you, I'm not into gay sex like you, and I don't intend to come to Australia so you can just forget it. Stalk another man, I'm not interested, in you or anal sex.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

(I'm

before

use

After reading the other posts... Since this isn't an automobile application, if you don't have serious transients from starter solenoids etc, you should only need a fair-sized electrolytic capacitor on the input, 100uF to 470uF should do it, possibly with an 0.01uF to 0.1uF cap across it, and an 0.1uF to 10uF cap on the output, both as close to the regulator as possible.

... Johnny

Reply to
Johnny Boy

not even close.

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
jasen

given that a 7805 is good for upto tha 1A and assuming you want to use all of that, 2W would be plenty.

you may want to use a higher resistance (and larger wattage) so that the resistor burtns more of the excess voltage leaving less to heat the 7805.

If that battery isn't going to be connected to a generator (like in an automobile) the transzorb may not be needed, (it won't do any harm leaving it in though).

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
jasen