Simulate Voip software

Looking for a way to simulate a voip ( SIP) connection on the local LAN network The purpose is to test Voip telephones and TA adapters. Freeware software solution preffered (=B4for windows XP )

Reply to
diverse

Looking for a way to simulate a voip ( SIP) connection on the local LAN network The purpose is to test Voip telephones and TA adapters. Freeware software solution preffered (=B4for windows XP )

Reply to
diverse

Download Skype's software from

Among other things, they have a test line you can use, As I recall it will record a short message from you and then play it back. Or you can just talk with some of the people who are logged on and are in a "Skype me now" mode.

It works fine from a LAN.

Don

Reply to
Don Bowey

Don Bowey wrote in news:C0D51E03.39821% snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net:

Depends if the requirement is to test SIP or not. Skype isn't SIP standard. try X-lite or any of the other opensource softphones that are SIP std..

Reply to
mike