VoIP reference designs

Hi,

I'm looking for pointers to *thin* VoIP handset reference designs -- just the audio/codec aspects (I'm sure I can figure out to put a display and keypad on the thing :> )

Preferably a "general purpose" solution (avoiding silicon that is designed *just* for this purpose).

Thanks!

--don

Reply to
D Yuniskis

Have you done a web search? I found a couple on the 1st page of hits.

If all you are looking for is CODECs, try searching for 'uLaw'.

AL

Reply to
LittleAlex

Yes, hence the added qualifier: "general purpose". Most that I saw were geared towards special hardware to implement the codecs and/or network interfaces.

I'm more looking for an understaning of what functionality is present *in* the handset and what is offloaded to external processing (e.g., CISCO VoIP phones aren't strictly "stand alone" devices as they need a processor elsewhere to "finish the job")

--don

Reply to
D Yuniskis

Then perhaps you should look for software solutions for general purpose hardware... ie, pc's... and then think about what platform would be capable of running an embedded version. But there already are embedded versions for a lot of general purpose hardware such as eval boards, 3rd-party-programmable smartphones, etc.

Reply to
Chris Stratton

D Yuniskis skrev:

The company Keystream, has implemented VoIP on a SAM9G20

BR Ulf Samuelsson

Reply to
Ulf Samuelsson

Yes, that's where I started. But, those "solutions" seem to blur the line between the switch, multimedia applications and the "traditional handset role". So, I figured looking for a *handset* design might implicitly remove the "fluff" from the equation so I could see just what features and facilities *must* reside in the handset, etc.

Reply to
D Yuniskis

Thanks! I'll chase down that reference.

Reply to
D Yuniskis

Try looking at a relatively simple one... sipdroid for example

Reply to
Chris Stratton