Simple Question

I want to build a simple cable that will mute the speakers on my computer when i plug in headphones. I guess i can do it with a 3.5mm plug and a coule of 3.5mm sockets.

I need some way of connecting them so that one output loses its connection when the other is connected.

I tried google but didnt find anything usefull. If anyone could point me in the direction of a circuit diagram and also somewhere good to buy the parts in the UK it would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

Reply to
Chris Lewis

If you're plugging into the CD drive, it won't work.

You will have to open the speaker unit and replace & rewire the existing jack (badly named--should be called a Jill) with one of these.

Your local supplier will have one.

The easy way is to buy a speaker set that does this naturally.

Reply to
JeffM