Toyota Kluger electrical diagram

Hi, all

Can anyone assist in obtaining one? Friend bought the car and he wants to instal handsfree kit. Toyota sells CD on the car for about $300. Books on this car are not available yet in shops.

Thanks, Rudolf

Reply to
Rudolf Ladyzhenskii

you might also try alt.autos.Toyota but the hardcover manual when available might cost as much if not more than the CD.

--
Regards
Blue

Note a Kluger is a Toyota Highlander in North America (also available as a hybrid electric vehicle) and parts of Europe although to add to the confusion 4Runner Surfs are also know as Highlanders in some markets outside Japan. In any event hard copy manuals appear to be available but as I expected they are not cheap. In two volumes See

2004 Highlander Shop Service Repair Manual Vol 2 by Toyota (B04_RM1086_U2) US$139.95 2004 Highlander shop service repair manual #1 by Toyota (B04_RM1086U1) US $149.95

I would confirm they are Kluger not 4Runner Surf manuals before buying them.

--
Regards
Blue
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
aussieblu

Actually why do you need a manual? It should be easy to source a safe +12V source of something like the glovebox light, earth at the chassis anywhere convenient and locate the sound system wiring without the need for a wiring schematic.

--
Regards
Blue
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
aussieblu

Do you mean that it is a bit like: " I need to change a light bulb, does anyone have a schematic of a power station?" or "I would like to spend three times the amount of the installation cost of a car kit just for the self-satisfaction of doing it myself"

Reply to
Greg the Grog

Perhaps but maybe there is something unique about Klugers we don't know about.

--
Regards
Blue
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
aussieblu

Pulled a Toyota Prius apart the other day to search for 12 volts to hardwire a phone cig charger. Put it back together and told my customer to use the cig lighter. Customer was an electrical engineer (who was watching over my shoulder) he agreed, and said only an idiot would try what we tried. BTW, the Prius has a factory fitted bluetooth car kit. If the Kluger has a bluetooth, I suggest you change phones instead of trying to fit a car kit.

Reply to
two bob

It is mainly to safely find MUTE signal at radio.

Rudolf

Reply to
Rudolf Ladyzhenskii

I have installed this sort of kits quite a few times. Main thing is to find MUTE input on radio. Usually there are books you can buy fro auto spare stores and there is a book for any type of vehicle. (I have books for all of my cars). There is no book for Kluger yet.

Anther thing I am planning to put in is automatic window closer. Yes, one can strip all doors and connect to the motors there, but it is much easier to hook up in one place if location and pinout is known.

Rudolf

Reply to
Rudolf Ladyzhenskii

It does not have one unfortunately. Hoewer it may have a connector brought out for one. (Later Commodores do). Wiring diagram is needed to find it.

Rudolf

Reply to
Rudolf Ladyzhenskii

Reply to
valiumboy

Buy a $3 trouble light from tricky dickies. Probe all pins in the back of the radio, when you hit the mute connection the radio will mute, if it has a standatd Toyota radio it is the empty connector next to the white wire on the small plug. That will be $132 please!

Reply to
two bob

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Toyota dont supply any sort of connector on any of their cars. Dont waist your money on a manual just for that purpose.

Reply to
two bob

Forget the stacker, use the empty connector on the smaller plug (next to white wire), next to the power/speaker plug. (as per my earlier post)

Reply to
two bob

Reply to
valiumboy

Reply to
valiumboy

One phone call to Fujitsu Ten (manufacturer of radio) provided me with connectors on radio. So, one problems is solved.

I would still like to get the diagram for my reference, but it is not an urgent thing anymore. Will wait until book is available

Rudolf

Reply to
Rudolf

Typical, some people will go to great lengths to avoid paying ;)

Reply to
two bob

Wrong, d*****ad. You obiously dont know the difference between a connector and a plug.

Reply to
two bob

Again, they dont provide the connector he is talking about. A couple of Camry models they provided a mute wire, (and hid it). This was found on the LHS of the radio, orange wire with a female spade connector. This was only for a couple of models and ONLY in the Camry.

Reply to
two bob