running a sim in pspice (demo version)

I have a schematic that I would like to run a simulation of. I'm using a spice program for the very first time today. I've got the schematic drawn and I'm trying to figure out how to start a simulation. I'm using OrCAD PSpice demo version because that's what my school tells its students to use. I'm aware of LTSpice but I wanted to use what the rest of the students are using. I'm not looking for instructions on how to use LTSpice right now. The instruction booklet that I am following says, first name the simulation "by choosing the menu option PSpice>New Simulation Profile." I don't see it in the menus at the top of the page. It doesn't seem to appear in the buttons on the schematic window, or in something I found called the simulation manager. I just can't figure out how to start a simulation. What am I doing wrong?

Reply to
Michael Robinson

I found a clue here:

The poster says, "I had the exact same problem under Windows Vista. The basic step of setting the compatibility settings of the 'Capture Student' program so that it 'Run this program as an administrator." Now how do I do that? I'm running XP.

Reply to
Michael Robinson