Resistors in parallel

Hi guys,

I need to make up a 15k 4 Watt resistor from a selection of half Watt resistors in parallel. But the math is a bit complex for me. Any ideas how I could do this please? I'm relatively new to electronics. I have a ton of half watters to use so any values you come up with I shou,d have

TIA

Dan

Reply to
Dan Green

Same resistors in parallel divide... for 4 watts out of 0.5 watters you need eight resistors, so 8x the value: 8 * 15k = 120K

(because 8 120k resistors in parallel, divide by 8, is 15k)

Reply to
DJ Delorie

Superb! Many htankss!

Reply to
Dan Green

Same resistors in series or parallel is just the simple multiplyer or devidisin.

Same with capacitors except the mul and devide is reversed.

It only falls into that long drawn out formular of the recipical of the recipical for more than 2 or the product over the sum for 2 of different values.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery