reduce jitter without PLL?

Hi,

I am an electrical engineering student and I am interested in circuit design. Unfortunety I am not so familiar with analog design. Therefore I want to place my question here in the newsgroup:

Is there a method to reduce jitter without the use of PLL? Where can I find sophisticated circuits for this?

Any help, hints and comments are highly appreciated.

Greetings Simon

Reply to
Simon

Reduce jitter in what? A crystal oscillator, or something else?

Reply to
John Popelish

and please don't multipost.

I put a link to a good intro on the post on s.e.d. which *is* crossposted - proper crossposting means all interested parties can read all the replies.

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS

You mean PLLs aren't used to introduce jitter? ;-)

Mike

Reply to
amdx