programming PIC16F84

Hello,

i m new to programming PIC microcontrollers.....recently i built the
JDM programmer and used IC prog to program the PIC16F84.......but it
showed "verify failed at address 0000h".......what might be the
problem.....plz help me....

programming PIC16F84

Hello,

i m new to programming PIC microcontrollers.......recently i built the
JDM  multi pic programmer and tried to program showing "verify failed
at address 0000h" what might be the problem?? plz help me.........

Re: programming PIC16F84

What voltages do you have at the PIC programming socket for clock, data,
and MCLR?

JDMs often fail on modern PCs because few modern PCs actually generate
RS232 voltages off their serial ports. JDM programmers depend on that
-12V to 12V swing to operate properly.

Take a read around my Trivial PIC programmer site for insight into the
voltage, testing, and which part to choose issue.

http://www.finitesite.com/d3jsys

I would suggest ditching the 16F84, upgrading to a 16F88, 16F648A, or 16F628A
and building a simple parallel port programmer.

Good luck,

BAJ

Re: programming PIC16F84

Did your reset the fuses?