Plug Pack Problems

I own a four channel mixer that runs off a 9v battery. The unit itself did
not come with a plug pack but it has the option for a 9v 100mA plug pack. My
problem is that I can't seem to get my hands on a 100mA. I've checked out
Jaycar. http://www.jaycar.com.au as I'm in Aus and Dick Smith electronics.
Are 100mA plugpacks hard to obtain or is it just me? OR would it be possible
to run it off a 150mA which seem to be way more common?

Thanks in advance
Stuart

Re: Plug Pack Problems
When they say 100ma...that is the maximum that the item will theoretically
draw from the power supply.
So if you use a 150ma power supply, then that's great...you have 50ma. to
spare. If you use 200ma, you have a extra 100ma to spare. Its always best to
use a power supply that has a greater supply amperage than required by the
item it is using, to keep heating and stress to a minimum.
Just make certain that the DC plug polarity is the same as your mixer.
Good question.
Kim
> Hi,
>
> I own a four channel mixer that runs off a 9v battery. The unit itself did
> not come with a plug pack but it has the option for a 9v 100mA plug pack.
My
> problem is that I can't seem to get my hands on a 100mA. I've checked out
> Jaycar. http://www.jaycar.com.au as I'm in Aus and Dick Smith electronics.
> Are 100mA plugpacks hard to obtain or is it just me? OR would it be
possible
> to run it off a 150mA which seem to be way more common?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Stuart

Site Timeline