perplixed by a multiplexer 16 to 1?

Hello, I was wondering if there is such a thing as a 16 to 1 multiplexer. I need something that can connect 16 individual inputs to

1 output 1 at a time in sequence. But I'm having trouble finding a 16:1 MUX. Also, I ordered some chips from mouser, and some are big enough to stick in my bredboard but a lot of them were real tiny... does anyone know what's up with the real tiny ones? I couldn't find in the name of the chip something that would let me know that it was going to be too tiny to fit in a regular solderless breadboard.

thanks

Reply to
panfilero

There are a large range of packages available for most chips, it's important to know which size you're buying. DIP (0.1" centers) is the old standard, but SDIP (0.07" centers) is available, as well as various surface mount (SOP, SSOP, TSOP, TSSOP, PLCC, CSP, BGA, etc) packages in various sizes (from 0.05" down to 0.4mm centers).

Depends on the manufacturer. TI, for example, uses "D" for DIP, but you really need to download the PDF specs for each chip and verify the package. Digikey and Mouser should tell you the package type when ordering, too.

Reply to
DJ Delorie

If you are looking for Digital 16 to 1 mux, search for 74LS150.

if you need to Mux analog signals look at -

or similar parts - usually by analog devices.

Since 16:1 chips are not very popular, they may be much more expensive than two chips of 8:1

In all cases, you need DIP or CDIP pacakages to be used on your breadboard.

good luck Vivek

panfilero wrote:

Reply to
fuzzyviv

"panfilero" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@s34g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

The only digital 16 to 1 multiplexer I knew, was the old SN74150, an early

24-pins IC. FAIK they never made an LS or HCT variant. You can look for a CD4067B which is an analog multiplexer but it will handle digital signals. You can also build your own multiplexer using 2,5 74LS153 (4-to-1-multiplexers) or program it in a PLD like a 22V10.

BTW If you ask the same question in several newsgroups, address them all at once (crossposting) and not one at a time (multiposting.)

petrus bitbyter

Reply to
petrus bitbyter