Parts

I need some cheap sources for electronic parts in small quantities. I have some of those 50 in 1 kits to raid, but I'm going to need some IC's as well. Any suggestions?

Ralph

Reply to
julian814

Hi, Ralph. If you're in the States, try these:

Digi-Key Corporation

JDR Microdevices

Jameco Electronics

Mouser Electronics

DigiKey is more oriented toward engineering sales these days, but their catalog is very comprehensive. The other three are more oriented toward hobbyists. JDR specializes in PCs and computer parts as well, and Jameco is the most pure "hobbyist" source.

I particularly like Mouser. Their catalog is comprehensive, and suitable for an engineering shop. They still have a hobbyist orientation, though. In fact, they're the only one of the above with no minimum order. And, if you're willing to wait for snail mail, they'll actually ship your parts Parcel Post to save you a few more bucks. You have to specifically ask for this service, though.

All of the above have free paper catalogs available from their websites by filling out a questionaire. Well worth it to have all four catalogs.

Good luck Chris

Reply to
Chris

Thanks Chris. I'll be getting catalogs from all four, but Mouser seems to be the way to go.

Ralph

Reply to
julian814

I also think Mouser is awsome! No minimum, fast shipment and they send you a new catalog every few months. Richard

Reply to
spudnuty

You might try the ovious E-bay.. Have bought small lots (maybe 50 to 100 each) of small parts there on the buy it now for only a few dollars.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Ed

Reply to