override IR power on switch?

hello, i have a sharp AC/Dehumidifyer that cost me a lot of money. its nice and quiet. but, i'd like to set it on a timer, so it only dehumidifys when there's moisture in the air. unfortunately, you control the whole unit from a remote. the remote turns it on and changes the modes (between ac and dehumidify). i was just going to plug it into a humidistat, but cycling power to the unit does not turn it on/off. ie: when i unplug it, and then plug it back in, it starts in the off position, until u turn it on with the remote.

i know this is vague and impossible to answer with out having the design of the unit, but my question is: does and IR on/off switch usually connect to an actual mechanical switch?

how can i find where the switch is? my ideas is that if i bypass the switch, by connecting it permanently, then i can control the unit with the power supply.

any ideas would be helpfull thanks max

Reply to
sunchaser

lirc.

-- test post.

Reply to
jasen

If it's got a remote it's probably got a fairly complex internal control system which you'd need to partially duplicate

Can you connect the humidistat to the remote-control?

--
¡spu?? ou '?? ?oo?
Reply to

Rig up a Rube Goldberg kloodge that mechanically pushes the "on/off" button of the remote, and control the kloodge with the humidistat.

Have Fun! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Hack a new remote with a built in humidistat?

--
Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services