OT: Opinions about this situation?

The bottom line is that *any* aircraft have to be over 400ft in the air over other's property. If he was hovering around at tree top level, it is tresspassing. The AMA and the FAA have rules.

Reply to
WangoTango

I don't peep, that's my Uncle Tom.

Reply to
Tom Biasi

Take a look here:

Tom Biasi

Seems NOBODY knows _anything_ about WTF "lip synch" means. Next time, they should dub in sound from a Daffy Duck cartoon..

Reply to
Robert Baer

Check; heard about it - same story -->invasion of private property

Reply to
Robert Baer

Not a concern with the optics and stabilization systems as for pretty pictures.

Seems to me you'd want drones well below CA traffic.

Reply to
default

If I can think of it, someone already has...

Reply to
default

An observation: Many drones seem to be equipped with streaming standard- def-ish video back to the operator, and/or HD video recorded locally on the drone (GoPro or similar). The ground antenna may not be in view of the drone cameras, but if it is, it may be useful if the antenna doesn't look "weird" on video. So, maybe put a piece of gray paper (or fiberglass, or whatever is RF-transparent) with a DirecTV or Dish logo over the "barbeque grill".

Advanced mode: build a radome in a color that is hard to observe from the air.

I can't find the source now, but I remember reading a statement by somebody that "It must have been about 1940 or so when newspapers finally stopped breathlessly reporting that a criminal had planned his crime by using the TELEPHONE." The same thing started happening with the INTERNET in the mid-1990s and has only just started to subside.

You need an NNS unit. It attaches to your garden hose with common household tools!

Matt Roberds

Reply to
mroberds

That's hilarious.